April 15th always seems to sneak up, and surely this year will be no different. While there’s no escaping the tax deadline, this year will be the easiest tax season ever. Use the following tips to streamline the tax return process and minimize stress.
- Review and complete the tax organizer. The organizer provides your prior-year information and helps your tax professional gather valuable information about you that may impact your tax return.
- Provide electronic documents whenever possible. The electronic tax documents obtained directly from your banks and brokerages are high quality and easy to read, which minimizes errors.
- Respond to communications from your tax professional as quickly as possible. Often our questions just require a short answer to finalize the preparation of your tax return.
- Review your prepared tax return as soon as it’s available so any necessary corrections can be made well before the April 15th filing deadline. If no corrections are needed, sign the e-file authorization to complete the process.
The four tips outlined above are suggestions we’ve made for years. They help streamline the process for you and your tax professional. With your help, we can focus on maximizing valuable tax deductions. The fifth tip is new this year, and it makes the first four tips even easier.
5. Sign up for your free TaxCaddy account.
TaxCaddy makes it easier than ever to gather your 1040 tax documents and deliver them to us, communicate with us, answer your questionnaire electronically, and sign documents. We’re excited about this powerful, free solution and we think you will be, too.
Our 1040 clients will soon receive an email inviting them to create their TaxCaddy account, along with three easy steps to get started. It’s yet another way The Tax Warriors® at Drucker & Scaccetti are embracing and applying innovative technology to improve efficiencies, data security, and the overall client experience.
Learn more about TaxCaddy at https://taxcaddy.com/.